The Oregonian Building
http://dbpedia.org/resource/The_Oregonian_Building an entity of type: Thing
The Oregonian Building era un edificio de gran altura en el centro de Portland, en el estado de Oregón (Estados Unidos). Sirvió como sede del principal periódico de Portland, The Oregonian, desde 1892 hasta 1948. Fue el primer edificio con estructura de acero construido en el Oeste de Estados Unidos, y desde su inauguración hasta 1911 fue el edificio más alto de la ciudad. Además de las oficinas del periódico y la imprenta, en 1922 se convirtió en la sede de la primera estación de radio comercial de Portland, , que era propiedad de Oregonian Publishing Company. El periódico adquirió una segunda estación de radio, , en 1933 y se unió a KGW en nuevos estudios compartidos en The Oregonian. Un incendio en 1943 obligó a trasladar las estaciones de radio. La empresa vendió el edificio en dicie
rdf:langString
The Oregonian Building was a building in downtown Portland, Oregon, United States, which served as the headquarters of Portland's major newspaper, The Oregonian, from 1892 to 1948. It was the first steel-framed building constructed in the Western U.S., and from its opening until 1911 it was the tallest building in Portland. In addition to the newspaper's offices and printing press, in 1922 the building became the home of Portland's first commercial radio station, KGW, which was owned by the Oregonian Publishing Company. A second radio station, KEX, was acquired by the paper in 1933, and joined KGW in new, shared studios in the Oregonian Building. A fire in 1943 forced the radio stations to relocate. The company sold the building in December 1947 as it prepared for a move to a larger buildi
rdf:langString
rdf:langString
The Oregonian Building
rdf:langString
The Oregonian Building
rdf:langString
The Oregonian Building
rdf:langString
The Oregonian Building
xsd:float
45.51999282836914
xsd:float
-122.6784133911133
xsd:integer
42858778
xsd:integer
1111631546
rdf:langString
James W. Reid and Merritt J. Reid
rdf:langString
Primarily office
rdf:langString
The Oregonian Building circa 1912
<usDollar>
690000.0
xsd:integer
1950
xsd:integer
2
rdf:langString
Approx.
xsd:integer
13
xsd:integer
135
537
rdf:langString
United States
rdf:langString
USA Portland downtown
rdf:langString
Brick over steel frame
xsd:integer
1892
rdf:langString
The Oregonian Publishing Company
rdf:langString
Demolished
xsd:string
45.519992 -122.678415
rdf:langString
The Oregonian Building era un edificio de gran altura en el centro de Portland, en el estado de Oregón (Estados Unidos). Sirvió como sede del principal periódico de Portland, The Oregonian, desde 1892 hasta 1948. Fue el primer edificio con estructura de acero construido en el Oeste de Estados Unidos, y desde su inauguración hasta 1911 fue el edificio más alto de la ciudad. Además de las oficinas del periódico y la imprenta, en 1922 se convirtió en la sede de la primera estación de radio comercial de Portland, , que era propiedad de Oregonian Publishing Company. El periódico adquirió una segunda estación de radio, , en 1933 y se unió a KGW en nuevos estudios compartidos en The Oregonian. Un incendio en 1943 obligó a trasladar las estaciones de radio. La empresa vendió el edificio en diciembre de 1947 mientras se preparaba para mudarse a un edificio más grande. En junio de 1948, el periódico se mudó a un nuevo edificio en Southwest Broadway, también llamado Oregonian Building. El edificio de 1892 con la emblemática torre del reloj permaneció vacío durante unos dos años hasta que fue demolido en 1950.
rdf:langString
The Oregonian Building was a building in downtown Portland, Oregon, United States, which served as the headquarters of Portland's major newspaper, The Oregonian, from 1892 to 1948. It was the first steel-framed building constructed in the Western U.S., and from its opening until 1911 it was the tallest building in Portland. In addition to the newspaper's offices and printing press, in 1922 the building became the home of Portland's first commercial radio station, KGW, which was owned by the Oregonian Publishing Company. A second radio station, KEX, was acquired by the paper in 1933, and joined KGW in new, shared studios in the Oregonian Building. A fire in 1943 forced the radio stations to relocate. The company sold the building in December 1947 as it prepared for a move to a larger building. In June 1948, the newspaper moved to a new building on Southwest Broadway, also called the Oregonian Building. The 1892 building with the landmark clock tower then stood vacant for about two years until it was demolished, in 1950.
<squareMetre>
9290.304
xsd:nonNegativeInteger
20278
<usDollar>
690000.0
xsd:nonNegativeInteger
2
xsd:double
9290.304
xsd:positiveInteger
13
xsd:double
59.1312
xsd:string
Demolished
<Geometry>
POINT(-122.67841339111 45.519992828369)