St Ffinan's Church, Llanffinan
http://dbpedia.org/resource/St_Ffinan's_Church,_Llanffinan an entity of type: Thing
St Ffinan's Church, Llanffinan is a small 19th-century parish church built in the Romanesque revival style, in Anglesey, north Wales. There has been a church in this area, even if not on this precise location, since at least 1254, and 19th-century writers state that established the first church here in the 7th century. The church was rebuilt in 1841, reusing a 12th-century font and 18th-century memorials, as well as the cross at the eastern end of the roof.
rdf:langString
rdf:langString
St Ffinan's Church, Llanffinan
rdf:langString
St Ffinan's Church, Llanffinan
rdf:langString
St Ffinan's Church, Llanffinan
xsd:float
53.25518798828125
xsd:float
-4.25678014755249
xsd:integer
30638275
xsd:integer
1081711653
rdf:langString
The Reverend E C Williams
rdf:langString
John Welch
rdf:langString
The church from the north, showing the doorway at the west end
rdf:langString
Wales, United Kingdom
rdf:langString
Present building 1841
rdf:langString
Llanffinan, Anglesey
rdf:langString
Location in Anglesey
rdf:langString
Wales Anglesey
xsd:string
53.255188 -4.25678
rdf:langString
St Ffinan's Church, Llanffinan is a small 19th-century parish church built in the Romanesque revival style, in Anglesey, north Wales. There has been a church in this area, even if not on this precise location, since at least 1254, and 19th-century writers state that established the first church here in the 7th century. The church was rebuilt in 1841, reusing a 12th-century font and 18th-century memorials, as well as the cross at the eastern end of the roof. The church is still used for worship by the Church in Wales, one of eight in a combined parish, and services are held weekly. It is a Grade II listed building, a national designation given to "buildings of special interest, which warrant every effort being made to preserve them", in particular because it is considered to be "a good essay in a simple Romanesque revival style". The church is at the end of a gravel track in the countryside of central Anglesey, about 2.5 kilometres (1.6 mi) from Llangefni, the county town. It is also on a footpath to Plas Penmynydd, once home to Owen Tudor, founder of the Tudor dynasty.
rdf:langString
Bangor
rdf:langString
The Reverend E R Roberts
rdf:langString
Synod Ynys Mon
xsd:date
1968-01-30
rdf:langString
Active
rdf:langString
Stone with slate roof
rdf:langString
Bro Cadwaladr
xsd:nonNegativeInteger
14150
<Geometry>
POINT(-4.2567801475525 53.255187988281)