Newcastle New Bridge Street railway station
http://dbpedia.org/resource/Newcastle_New_Bridge_Street_railway_station an entity of type: Thing
Newcastle New Bridge Street was a railway station on the edge of the city-centre of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England. The station was the original Newcastle terminus of the Blyth and Tyne Railway, and was opened on 27 June 1864. In 1874 the Blyth & Tyne was taken over by the North Eastern Railway. For most of its life it served trains to Tynemouth and Morpeth. Picton House, a villa designed by John Dobson, was used for company offices and passenger facilities. Nothing now remains of the station, as the A167(M) road and a car park of Northumbria University have been constructed over the site.
rdf:langString
rdf:langString
Newcastle New Bridge Street railway station
rdf:langString
Newcastle New Bridge Street
rdf:langString
Newcastle New Bridge Street
xsd:float
54.97489929199219
xsd:float
-1.606500029563904
xsd:integer
53046091
xsd:integer
1117759652
rdf:langString
Opened
rdf:langString
Closed to goods
rdf:langString
Closed to passengers
rdf:langString
Map from 1884, showing the location of the station
rdf:langString
England
rdf:langString
Terminus
xsd:integer
3
rdf:langString
(Blyth and Tyne Railway)
rdf:langString
(North Tyneside Loop)
rdf:langString
Disused
xsd:date
1864-06-27
xsd:date
1909-01-01
xsd:date
1967-12-04
xsd:string
54.9749 -1.6065
rdf:langString
Newcastle New Bridge Street was a railway station on the edge of the city-centre of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England. The station was the original Newcastle terminus of the Blyth and Tyne Railway, and was opened on 27 June 1864. In 1874 the Blyth & Tyne was taken over by the North Eastern Railway. For most of its life it served trains to Tynemouth and Morpeth. Picton House, a villa designed by John Dobson, was used for company offices and passenger facilities. In 1904 the line to Tynemouth was electrified (see Tyneside Electrics), and New Bridge Street temporarily became a terminus for the new electric service. The station was isolated, and had no connection to the lines towards Newcastle Central. In order to create a loop service (see North Tyneside Loop) New Bridge Street was closed to passengers in 1909, and a new link was built to nearby Manors North station, allowing trains to run through to Newcastle Central. Following this, New Bridge Street became a goods station, and remained open as such until 1967. Picton House was demolished in 1970. Nothing now remains of the station, as the A167(M) road and a car park of Northumbria University have been constructed over the site.
xsd:nonNegativeInteger
3679
<Geometry>
POINT(-1.6065000295639 54.974899291992)