Joshua P. Young House
http://dbpedia.org/resource/Joshua_P._Young_House an entity of type: Thing
The Joshua P. Young House, also known as the McGee House, is a historic house at 2445 High Street in Blue Island, Illinois. The house was built in 1852 for land developer Joshua P. Young, who led the development of both Blue Island and many neighborhoods on Chicago's South Side. Young also helped bring the Rock Island Railroad through Blue Island and led the city's Board of Trustees for two years. The house has a Chicago Cottage plan, a style of balloon framing popular in mid-nineteenth century Chicago; as the style was banned in Chicago after the Great Chicago Fire burned through many of the homes, surviving examples are relatively uncommon. The house's detailing is eclectic, incorporating elements of Greek Revival, Italianate, and Gothic architecture.
rdf:langString
rdf:langString
Joshua P. Young House
rdf:langString
rdf:langString
Joshua P. Young House
rdf:langString
Joshua P. Young House
xsd:float
41.65250015258789
xsd:float
-87.67500305175781
xsd:integer
64404804
xsd:integer
1090530702
xsd:date
1982-08-12
rdf:langString
Chicago Cottage
xsd:integer
2445
rdf:langString
Chicago#Illinois#USA
xsd:integer
82002525
xsd:string
41.6525 -87.675
rdf:langString
The Joshua P. Young House, also known as the McGee House, is a historic house at 2445 High Street in Blue Island, Illinois. The house was built in 1852 for land developer Joshua P. Young, who led the development of both Blue Island and many neighborhoods on Chicago's South Side. Young also helped bring the Rock Island Railroad through Blue Island and led the city's Board of Trustees for two years. The house has a Chicago Cottage plan, a style of balloon framing popular in mid-nineteenth century Chicago; as the style was banned in Chicago after the Great Chicago Fire burned through many of the homes, surviving examples are relatively uncommon. The house's detailing is eclectic, incorporating elements of Greek Revival, Italianate, and Gothic architecture. The house was added to the National Register of Historic Places on August 12, 1982.
xsd:nonNegativeInteger
2384
xsd:double
404.68564224
xsd:string
82002525
xsd:gYear
1852
<Geometry>
POINT(-87.675003051758 41.652500152588)