First Congregational Church of Oregon City

http://dbpedia.org/resource/First_Congregational_Church_of_Oregon_City an entity of type: Thing

The First Congregational Church of Oregon City, also known as Atkinson Memorial Congregational Church, is a historic building located at 6th and John Adams Sts. in Oregon City, Oregon. The congregation was formed in 1844 as a non-denominational Protestant congregation. In 1892 they affiliated with the Congregational Christian Church from the local Congregational Society that had been formed in 1849 from the 1844 congregation. The present building was constructed in the Gothic Revival style in 1925 after the previous building had been destroyed in a fire in 1923. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. rdf:langString
rdf:langString First Congregational Church of Oregon City
rdf:langString
rdf:langString First Congregational Church of Oregon City
rdf:langString First Congregational Church of Oregon City
xsd:float 45.35499954223633
xsd:float -122.6036148071289
xsd:integer 34181136
xsd:integer 1089884484
xsd:date 1982-08-26
rdf:langString Tobey, Willard F.
rdf:langString Twentieth Century Gothic
rdf:langString less than one acre
rdf:langString Andrews, W.D., Construction Co.
xsd:integer 1925
xsd:integer 6
rdf:langString USA Oregon Oregon City#USA Oregon#USA
xsd:integer 82003723
xsd:string 45.355 -122.6036111111111
rdf:langString The First Congregational Church of Oregon City, also known as Atkinson Memorial Congregational Church, is a historic building located at 6th and John Adams Sts. in Oregon City, Oregon. The congregation was formed in 1844 as a non-denominational Protestant congregation. In 1892 they affiliated with the Congregational Christian Church from the local Congregational Society that had been formed in 1849 from the 1844 congregation. The present building was constructed in the Gothic Revival style in 1925 after the previous building had been destroyed in a fire in 1923. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. It is historically important as a landmark in Oregon City and, according to its NRHP nomination, "as thefullest expression of an architectural type in which the architect, Willard F. Tobey, specialized and for its outstanding array of pictorial stained glass." The stained glass windows were designed by Portland's Povey Brothers Studio. In 1961 the congregation became affiliated with Unitarian Universalism, and they changed their name to the Unitarian Universalist Congregation at Willamette Falls in 2016.
xsd:nonNegativeInteger 3688
xsd:string 82003723
xsd:gYear 1925
<Geometry> POINT(-122.60361480713 45.354999542236)

data from the linked data cloud